What's eating my corn plants?

My sweet corn is about 6" tall and something is eating the leaves. It's not an animal, the garden is fenced and there are no tracks in the freshly groomed soil. What insect should I be looking for?
Ron H. in West Central Wisconsin
--
This outgoing email was scanned by
Norton Antivirus Corp. Edition

What does the damage to the leaves look like? Could it be this guy?
http://www.ipm.iastate.edu/ipm/icm/2001/5-14-2001/sclbeetle.html
http://www.ent.iastate.edu/imagegal/coleoptera/scornlb/scornleafbeetle.html