What's Eating My Asiatic Lillies?

My wife and I have 2 asiatic lillies in a garden patch bordering our woods. Either a rabbit, woodchuck, or deer is chewing them down to nothing. We've tried Ropel, but it hasn't worked. Does anyone have any ideas, short of firearms, on how to deter whatever our gourmet might be? Also, does anyone have an idea what type of animal likes these flowers?
Thank you.

The are the meal of choice for the rabbits in my garden. Of the dozens of plants to chose from in one bed, they always go after the Asiatic lilies.
Vox Humana said:

Where I used to live, the cottontails would wait until the lilies were ready to bloom, then gnaw through the bottoms to topple them, and just eat the blooms.
Here, neither the rabbits nor the groundhogs touch my lilies. It's the New England asters that I have to protect. The rabbits will do the same trick of biting through the bottom of the stem to topple it, and then eat the tender growth on top of the tall varieties. (Ropel works for me.)

Vox Humana wrote:

Same here. For that reason, We've given up on them. Daylillies are pretty much untouched.
Mike On the North Carolina coast - Zone 8a (Remove spam traps from email address to reply.)
"Mike Prager" wrote in message
rijj wrote:

Vox Humana wrote:

I have two lilies now chewed down to the nubs on the second attack. We've pretty much given up on daylilies too, though, since something (or somethings) eat the buds each night before they open. We're overrun with deer, who flock through the back yard; rabbits; squirrels; birds; and a garden variety of bugs. Ain't gardening grand - and we still keep on trying!
Dora
daylilies are candy to deer. ......LOL but people closer to towns have fewer deer and maybe more rabbits

"presley" wrote in message
limey wrote:

Could be. We have only two rabbits and they seem to prefer the clover in the lawn. The deer, however, are overrunning the area. We have five or six of them galloping through the yard at the same time. :-(
Dora

I have daylilies planted in the woods and the deer don't bother them. It seems to be hit-and-miss what they will eat. I also have some hostas along their normal path. Occasionally they will eat a few leaves, but that is rare. I find deer prints through all my beds, but they just seem to ignore my plants. Other people have their gardens stripped. There seems to be no pattern.
snipped-for-privacy@bluefrog.com wrote:

Liquid fence worked great for me. Kinda expensive and smelly though.