What's causing the brown edges on my hosta plant? - Hosta leaf brown edge 01.jpg (0/1)

Page 2 of 2
oooooooooooo you posted a PICTURE on wreck.gardens!! I hope they don't burn you to a crisp, Big Time when they flame you. It looks like a little fungus or fertilizer damage to me. Nothing major. Are they getting watered enough? They tend to like their toes damp.... madgardener

I don't think people are usually "flamed" when they post pictures to all-text newsgroups. Usually a polite notice that pictures should be posted to a binary newsgroup or with a reference URL is all that's necessary.

This is a relatively nice ng. There are some that will send a note to your isp and complain about any lapse. Frank
I notice sometimes the brown, "burnt edges" are just that - burnt. Typically, hostas like that are too close to heat retaining or sun-reflecting paving materials.
I had the same problem. I think it is caused by the plant being in pure peat moss, When I planted it, I did not remove the peat and this caused the hosta to stay to wet causing root rot. It seems to be doing ok after I removed the peat and re planted it in the ground.
Gary

Typically,