What plnat is this on grand Manan Island Canada???

This past July I was hiking along a huge cliff near Hole In The Wall on Grand Manan Island of the coast of New Brunswick - this was the only plant growing on - out of - the rock, I was amaized by its ability to grow under such adverse conditions, but I can not find out what it is -
Any help identifying this plant would be welcome.
See:
http://sciencephotography.com/what/Whatplant1.jpg
Thank you.
Ted
Maybe check out to see what type of grasses they plant at the beaches to combat erosion.
--
:) Lynn
OF+HOF
t kinsman wrote:

Well, I found my plant label - it says "Torch Lily - Bulbine fruiticosa 'Hallmark'" but I found almost nothing doing a search. But I did find "Bulbine Frutescens" and this looks like my plant and I think like your plant...
try http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/6771 / http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/453/index.html http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/interiorscape/Bulbine_frutescens.html http://images.google.com/images?q=Bulbine%20frutescens&hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&sa=N&tab=wi
Your area may be too cold for this plant though. It says it goes to 20 degrees but I find I have to grow it in pots and keep it in the garage in winter. Atlanta gets some pretty cold weather for the 'South', 15-20 degrees is becoming more normal here. I bought two plants and put one in the ground and the other in a pot. The potted one (wintered in the garage) is now huge and the one in the ground died.
Still - it may be some variety of this plant.
Be happy to send you some if you want.
Sterling
Sterling wrote:

t kinsman wrote: