what plant is it?

hello, I'm sorry for my English but I'm Italian girl..... I've thi

plant in my garden, and I don't know what to do, if to water it or t burn it

[image

-- tiziana74

Reply to
tiziana74

little sheath there, it is in the buckwheat family (see the picture of an "ocrea" halfway down

). Most of those are generally considered weeds (although you need to make the final decision for yourself).

But at least in my garden (Washington, DC) there are other volunteer plants which look like that, including Pokeweed and probably others.

If you are in the UK, as you email address would seem to imply, my experience here is perhaps even less likely to help you.

Until it flowers, it might be pretty hard to identify.

Reply to
Jim Kingdon

Jim:

I'm going to be in DC on Sept. 15-20. Can I pick your brain some? It's my first trip. (I'm going to meet with Senators about the Farm Bill. It's a National Farmers Union trip.)

Anyway, I want to know about Farmers Markets, the US Botanical Garden and anything else that I can't miss. (I'm arriving a day ahead of time and leaving a day later than everyone else in my organization, so I can be a tourista. It's only fair, since my state is *full* of tourists right now.)

Suggestions?

Jan in Alaska

Reply to
Jan Flora

mmmhhh weeds....I'll kill it tomorrow, thank you for your invite but live in italy in sardinia, thank you for your response tizian

-- tiziana74

Reply to
tiziana74