What Kind of Weed is This??? How do I get Rid of It?? - scan.jpg (0/1)

I live in North East Ohio and have come across a weed that takes over my flower garden. I think it's some kind of ground cover. It;s stalks are crisp and watery like
I've attached a picture of it here.
Can anyone tell me what it is and most importantly , How to get rid of it????
thanks in Advance
Steve wrote:

This is not a binary group. You should post the pictures in alt.binaries.pictures.gardens.

USDA Zone 8
On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 07:32:48 GMT, "Travis"

All apologies
purslane
--
gloria - only the iguanas know for sure

The wise men always tell us not to post binaries on this newsgroup. The weed is purslane. Maybe google could help you find how to get rid of it.