What kind of tree is this

I know this isn't a binary group, so I'll post the image as a link

told me that this was a birch, but for some reason I thought Birch trees didn't look like this. By the way I took this photo about 3 weeks ago, the leaves aren't that much bigger now. I posted a down low shot due to the fact the tree is pretty busted up and I'd say dead. This is the prettiest angle I could get of it.

BTW: This might be a double post for some, I accidentially sent it to rec.woodworking - not sure if that qualifies as a Freudian slip given the topic.

Reply to
Eigenvector

have flowers in the spring?

sonny

Reply to
sonny

No flowers yet, it does produce some small white flowers around this time, may not have bloomed yet our winter was a little more harsh than normal.

Reply to
Eigenvector

In message , Eigenvector writes

Then it's definitely not a birch; birches have catkins, with very small greenish flowers.

Reply to
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Then it could very well be a plum. I hadn't even considered that this tree might be a fruit treee, although I highly doubt it produces anything.

Reply to
Eigenvector