what kind of tree

Could someone please tell me what kind of tree this is? http://www.bickta.com/tree/tree.htm
Bob

These are called tulip trees where I live.
On Mon, 29 May 2006 16:18:28 GMT

Yes, tulip tree, Liriodendron tulipifera. Also known as "Yellow Poplar" for reasons that I've never understood. Can anyone explain it?
-E
--
Emery Davis
You can reply to snipped-for-privacy@ebayadelkadell.applecom

They call them "Tulip Poplars" here in Indiana. They have very soft wood. We had a HUGE one (3' in diameter at the base) come crashing down in a storm that wasn't all that bad. I'd avoid having a big one near anything valuable.
Yes it is a Tulip Poplar and is the Indiana State tree. They also call it a YELLOW poplar because when you saw the lumber it has a yellow tent to it. Our ancestors love this tree because termites won't mess with it. They sided their barns with it and unpainted it would last 100 years. It is not real hard but great for framing. My house is framed complete with it. I also paneled some rooms with it. when exposed to the light it turns a soft brown and after several years it is hard to tell from walnut.
Mel & Donnie down in Bluebird Valley In the middle of beautiful down town Yountsville. Managers of the water works. http://community.webtv.net/MelDKelly/doc
http://community.webtv.net/MelDKelly/MelDonniesBluebird