What kind of palm tree is this?

Hi all - I have to get rid a palm tree that is growing into the side of my building. Does anyone know what kind of tree this is? Is it common or unusual? I have a feeling it's the former!

craig

It's either a California or Mexican fan palm.

Reply to
Jangchub

My husband is quite sure it is a Mexican Fan.

Norma

Reply to
Norma

Yes, the threads at the tips of the foliage is what made me think Mexican fan, also. I think that's the only difference.

Reply to
Jangchub

g'day craig,

i'll be the odd one out looks like australian fan palm to me aka cabbage tree palm, they are very common and rightley so, unfortunatley in a landscape situation once they get that tall they don't always look reel pretty hey?

On 20 Feb 2007 12:13:06 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@boutiqueoohlala.com wrote: snipped With peace and brightest of blessings,

len

len brauer