What kind of palm tree is this?

Hi all - I have to get rid a palm tree that is growing into the side of my building. Does anyone know what kind of tree this is? Is it common or unusual? I have a feeling it's the former!
http://www.boutiqueoohlala.com/images/palm_tree.jpg
thanks.
On 20 Feb 2007 12:13:06 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@boutiqueoohlala.com wrote:

It's either a California or Mexican fan palm.

My husband is quite sure it is a Mexican Fan.
Norma

Yes, the threads at the tips of the foliage is what made me think Mexican fan, also. I think that's the only difference.
g'day craig,
i'll be the odd one out looks like australian fan palm to me aka cabbage tree palm, they are very common and rightley so, unfortunatley in a landscape situation once they get that tall they don't always look reel pretty hey?
On 20 Feb 2007 12:13:06 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@boutiqueoohlala.com wrote: snipped With peace and brightest of blessings,
len
http://www.lensgarden.com.au /