What kind of flower is this?

Can anyone tell me what kind of flower is pictured here:
http://world.std.com/~Infinity/garden/Garden_2004-06-08_12.jpg
Thanks in advance.
** Captain Infinity

It is a type of daylily (hemerocallis), but as to which of the number of species or umpteen zillion cultivars it could be, I couldn't be more specific.
pam - gardengal
On 6/8/04 10:08 AM, in article ZLjxc.678$jw.334@attbi_s04, "Pam - gardengal"

Hmm - I missed the original post - were are you? I'd bet on a species.
Cheryl
That's one bet you would lose, Izzy.

Stella D'Ora daylilly. What do I win????
Definitely NOT Stella D'Oro daylily.
You win a stay in the penalty box and one hundred demerits for poor spelling!

Sorry, but I don't think it is a Stella, at least not a typical one. Here is a picture of a Stella from my garden. They are blooming in mass her right now and are spectacular (although over used) in mass. You can see that on a Stella, the petals form a complete cup and the pollen isn't dark like in the picture that the OP posted: http://groups.msn.com/laurelridgegardens/06162001.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoIDH1
Most of the early bloomers are species or - my thought was H. middendorfii - mine is in bloom and has the same dark anthers. Bitsy is rounder and it looks too dark to be Corky. T'aint SDO though.
Cheryl
On 6/8/04 12:28 PM, in article 8Plxc.6444$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com, "Cereus-validus"

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

This flower is growing in Massachusetts.
Thanks to Pam and Lisa for the Daylilly ID.
** Captain Infinity

With pleasure,,,,,now, had I pried myself away from the keyboard and , you know, walked outside, I would have known better.
Silly, silly me
Lisa
I though that at first it was a daylily called "revolute" but it is so difficult to tell about colors in photos that now it seems less certain. http://www.usna.usda.gov/PhotoGallery/DaylilyGallery/Revolute.html I've seen live specemines, this very morning in fact, that looked to be a much stronger yellow that his photo would suggest and which seemed to have more recurve to the petals.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]