What kind of a plant is it?

Hi, I am trying to grow a plant used for hedges. Can someone please tell me what kind of a plant is it (the name) and how can we grow it (2 pictures on website: http://francoatgrex.tripod.com/plant.html ) ? currently I cut a small branch and put it in water hoping it will grow roots. Will this work? Or is there a better way? Thanks
In message

Your URL doesn't work.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

On Apr 30, 1:48pm, Stewart Robert Hinsley

Yes sorry, moved it to here: http://francogrex.byethost2.com

Also I read that you can make a "rooting hormone" by chopping up some willow twigs and making a tea out of that. So I did, kept the tea overnight in the fridge and this morning made a new cutting, placed it in the solution of the homemade hormone... cutting looks wilted now, but will be in a better shape tomorrow, will it grow roots and if so by when, that's the question...
On 5/2/11 4:33 AM, Francogrex wrote:

No, I can't tell what the cutting is. The photo is a bit too dark.
However, chopping willow twigs and using them to make a tea gives you a primative form of aspirin. Willows are in the genus Salix. Aspirin is salicylic acid and was originally derived from willow bark.
Rooting a plant in water is generally not a good idea. The resulting roots are generally too tender to survive the trauma of being planted in soil.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean