What is wrong with these cukes?

These cukes are not growing as well as I would like. They have some yellowing, and the edges of the leaves seem to be yellow. There does not seem to be any insect problems at this time, they have been fertilized, I think they are getting enough water. Does this pic look familiar to anyone? Could it be the variety is not happy here? I have other cukes of a different type growing fine.
http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%20July%20Unhappy%20Cukes/images/DSCF3805.jpg
http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%20July%20Unhappy%20Cukes/images/DSCF3808.jpg
I am beginning to wonder how four years
with no Governor in NJ would be?

Mine are just now starting to bloom, waiting to see how they produce. OK, I sit and wait and watch :)
"Matthew Reed" <nospam at zootal dot com nospam> wrote in message

http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%20July%20Unhappy%20Cukes/images/DSCF3805.jpg
http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%20July%20Unhappy%20Cukes/images/DSCF3808.jpg
You may have answered your own question. Cukes are vulnerable to a number of fungal nasties, although it's usually a dusty appearance to the leaves. It can vary with the variety you plant, and may not happen in some years.
"Matthew Reed" <nospam at zootal dot com nospam> wrote in message

Look OK to me. No powdery mildew. No angular leaf spot. Minor beetle damage.
Not everything in the garden will look like it does in the seed catalog.