What is this wild fruit?

The leaf looks like it's in the family of cherries, peaches, etc, but the double fruit and something about the way that the fruit looks--a bit streaky--isn't quite right.

Can anyone tell me what it is, and if it is edible?

Jenny

AlanG

NOT EDIBLE. I was taught to keep hands off double berries like that. according to raintree "PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY BLUE VARIETIES OF HONEYSUCKLES ARE EDIBLE."

Reply to
dr-solo

I think you put me on the right track. It might be "red bush honeysuckle" or maybe twin berry honeysuckle. Now that I think of it, I did notice some honeysuckle-like flowers along the lawn border earlier in the spring.

Looks like they are poisonous, or at least nasty. Birds are giving them a wide berth and we have a lot of birds.

Thanks!

Reply to
Jenny