What is this weed and how do I kill it!!! ;^)

That certainly does sound like a better way to test, especially if wearing gloves. :)

A common name for Lactuca was Poor Man's Opium, with the milky white sap and the sedative effect.

Kate - it helps me sleep

Reply to
kate

Yes indeedy.

Dandelions have several uses round here.

Salads, teas, fried blossoms....and compost.

Oh, and fun for the grands to blow seedheads.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Hooked on Salad; the Tragedy of Veganism.

Hooked on Salad; the Tragedy of Veganism.

============

It's a gateway drug. It leads to croutons.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Makes a dandy wine too.

Reply to
brooklyn1

If you want to remove it entirely, save your fingers, use a precise deep root extractor like a weed twister or weed popper. Less soil disturbance than shovels and hoes.

Good discussion...

Reply to
raycruzer

Glad you reminded me.....meant to do this this spring.

Going to start tonite.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Thistles (and dandelions) grow in poor undeveloped soils. As FarmI said, they bring nutrients to the surface. The are both good as food and medicine to them whats got any sense. If you want to get rid of thistles, improve the quality of your soil.

Reply to
Billy

Reminds me of.

Pfeiffer a biodynamic kind of guy.

Bill 91 F. aat 2:25 pm Record 93 set in 1915

Reply to
Bill

Not since 1961. Bio, fer sure. Dynamic, not so much.

Reply to
Billy