What is this weed and how do I kill it!!! ;^)

Page 2 of 2
<Charlie> wrote in message be given>

If you want to remove it entirely, save your fingers, use a precise deep root extractor like a weed twister or weed popper. Less soil disturbance than shovels and hoes.
Good discussion...
On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 13:05:52 GMT, "brooklyn1"

Glad you reminded me.....meant to do this this spring.
Going to start tonite.
Charlie

Thistles (and dandelions) grow in poor undeveloped soils. As FarmI said, they bring nutrients to the surface. The are both good as food and medicine to them whats got any sense. If you want to get rid of thistles, improve the quality of your soil.
--

- Billy
In article

Reminds me of.
<(Amazon.com product link shortened) _1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid40857469&sr=1-1>
Pfeiffer a biodynamic kind of guy.
Bill 91 F. aat 2:25 pm Record 93 set in 1915
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Not all who wander are lost.

- Billy
In article

See if you can identify it. http://www.pfaf.org/database/search_name.php?ALLNAMES=thistle
--

- Billy
This weed, which we call "The Tumor" (in your best Arnold Schwartzenager voice) is drivng us nuts. It comes on super fast, grows super fast and returns after we pull it out. Its got prickly edges. See phot link below.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Grrrr-owl
--

- Billy