What is this plant? ? ?

I decided this year to try my hand at balcony gardening, so I got a good-brand packet of pepper seed from the garden shop.
When they came up, I assumed they were peppers, but as they matured, clearly they were not. They produced a large number of unusual small blooms, which then turned into lantern-like pods. These pods contained a pea-sized fruit which contained tiny seeds.
I should add, the soil I used came from a compost pile in a wooded area behind the house. So I could very well be growing weeds which choked out the peppers.
Here is a link to a photo. I'm plainly curious what it is.
https://sites.google.com/site/10test20/
On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 18:21:07 -0400, "Ray"

Sure looks like Chinese lantern.
Brooklyn1 wrote:

It could well be that. Also consider balloon vine. Use google images to find examples to compare with what you have.

Physalis?