what is this growing in my yard?

I spotted this broadleaf weed in the side garden the other day. I don't think I've ever seen it in the yard before. Can anyone identify it? I'm talking about the big fuzzy heart-shaped leaves near the center of the photo. The largest must be 5" long.
http://www.reddawn.net/temp/weeds.jpg
Dawn
Looks like common burdock to me, a nasty with a taproot that'll make the dandelion it's snuggled up with look tame.
if you have dogs or cats that are outside, this one in seed is a pet coat nightmare. Don't let it flower or go to seed. This is one <I> freely paint with an herbicide, but you may have different priorities RE chemicals.
Sue Western Maine

sue and dave wrote:

Ah, it's that big purple thistle thing. Thanks. I'm going to be using herbicide a lot in that area, dandelions, mulberry, bindweed and the aggressive honeysuckle....
Dawn