What is the name of this plant?

This morning a friend brought a pot containing a sunflower-looking plant and asked for help with identification. I wasn't able to offer much help. It looks like some sort of a sunflower, but the flower is much lighter yellow than any sunflower I've ever seen. Five pics of the plant and flower can be viewed at http://www.boltassociates.com/PlantID /. The plant is growing in Maryland, USA. It is 2 - 3 ft tall.
Can anyone offer an identification?
Douglas Bolt Visit http://www.boltassociates.com/ for Current Weather in Beltsville, MD, plus pics of family, friends, birds, plants and places.

It's been a while since I've seen one, but it kind of looks like a Jerusalem Artichoke.
Thanks, Jim.
I looked at a couple of pics of a JA plant at http://www.ibiblio.org/herbmed/pictures/p07/pages/helianthus-tuberosus.htm and http://www.ibiblio.org/herbmed/pictures/p07/pages/helianthus-tuberosus-1.htm . The plants pictured look much healthier than the one my friend Rod brought over, but the general characteristics look like a good match. However, I'm surprised that he didn't run into some tubers when he dug it up.
Thanks!
--
Douglas Bolt
Visit http://www.boltassociates.com/ for Current Weather in Beltsville,

I'd vote for a white variety of 'sunflower'. Cook's Garden has one they call "Italian White" -- http://cooksgarden.com/searchprods.asp?searchstring=sunflower&pagenumber=2
I don't know all the different varieties, but the only package of 'mixed' seeds I've ever been pleased with was Cook's "Music Box Mix" of sunflowers. Never knew there was so much variety of sunflowers.
Jim