What is the easiest hydroponics method?

Once and for all, what is the easiest, cheapest, and most effective form of hydroponics and how do you set it up from seedlings on? I'd be extremely grateful to anyone who could answer that question.

I don't know the answer, but I have questions. What kinds of plants do you want to grow? And, why hydroponics?
On 5 Jul 2006 23:52:04 -0700 in

You're asking several different questions. Easiest? probably passive. Cheapest? That depends on too many variable. Most effective? I vote ebb & flow, although other methods are certainly just as effective.

There's a large indoor hydroponic tomato growing operation in my town. They germinate the seeds on spun rock wool. When they get larger, they are transplanted into a larger piece of rock wool.
-al sung Rapid Realm Technology, Inc. Hopkinton, MA Zone 6a
Blalack77 wrote:

Take a 3 gallon bucket, drill lots of small holes in the bottom, fill it up with your choice of grow-medium and put your plant in it. Attach an aquarium bubbler under the bucket, connect the bubbler to a small air-pump. Put the 3 gallon bucket with bubbler in a 5 gallon bucket (so the rim rests on the bigger buckets rim), fill the 5 gallon bucket with water/nutrient mix. Turn on the bubbler and walk away!
Works better than drippers/ebb-flow.
/Soren
On 27 Jul 2006 22:59:31 -0700 in
snipped-for-privacy@turbomx5.com graced the world with this thought:

...that's why all commercial operations use ebb-flow, drippers, and aero....
http://weloveteaching.com/mypond/2000/p2000.htm a veggie filter fed by koi. actually, using pots makes it easy to jab in fertilizer spikes. Ingrid

Blalack77 wrote:

check this out; http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId (1474976746404&ref=apm_sta
--