What is the best Pine Bark Beetle treatment?

Recently we bought some land and are building a home. We have several large pine trees that are a big part of the landscape. I noticed some holes in the side of the trees and had a local nurseryman look at them. He said we have pine bark beetles in the trees and suggested a treatment using the Wedgle Direct-Inject system as shown on www.arborsystems.com. I think the insecticide that woud be injected is called Pointer. Does anyone have experience with this system? I would appreciate any comments and further suggestions about how to deal with this problem. Thanks, Jack
I need to add that they local nurseryman recommended that the trees needed to be drilled and injected with the Pointer. However, Arbor systems said that drilling is not recommended for conifurs and that, instead, their injector should be used.