What insect is this?

Dear Experts,
Lately, I've been noticing some insects in my home. On the second floor for the most part.
Here are some pictures of them:
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg
They move slow around the room. Sometimes they fly. But for the most part, they just walk around. Rather slowly. Not like a swift housefly. I can snag them with a tissue pretty easily.
What kind of insects are these? How do I get rid of them?
Thanks a lot!
Leaf footed bug. Not assassin bug. Some call these a stink bug, but is it distinctly different from what I call a stink bug. They suck, literally.
Dear Experts,
Lately, I've been noticing some insects in my home. On the second floor for the most part.
Here are some pictures of them:
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg
They move slow around the room. Sometimes they fly. But for the most part, they just walk around. Rather slowly. Not like a swift housefly. I can snag them with a tissue pretty easily.
What kind of insects are these? How do I get rid of them?
Thanks a lot!
As others have said, it is a Western Conifer Seed Bug.
do you have any pine trees around?
Like you, they plague me at this time of year. I wish I knew how they get in the house but they sound like a B52 flying around, and they taste terrible. DAMHIK.
dickm