What happened to my lillys?

These lillys have grown wonderfully for several years. This year, they look like the end of the season. Any ideas?
You can look at a pic here http://www.flickr.com/photos/7703823@N05/sets/72157626863868294
Thanks!

ts/72157626863868294

Too dry, too wet, too much shade? Weed killer would not have left some green leaves.
They seem to be too crowded and that could be a problem as well as moisture. Divide in the fall and use bone meal when you replant.
--
bullthistle

bullthistle;925704 Wrote:

Thanks so much for your reply - will give it a go
Angela Lock

Angela Lock;925706 Wrote: > Thanks so much for your reply - will give it a go
Choose a weedkiller for shrubs, or add some more residu then described on the leaflet
rikv

Angela Lock;925702 Wrote: > Can anyone help to identify this weed please. We have had it in our > garden for several years and is is now spreading more into plants and > the lawn where it is virtually impossible to remove. It can't be just > pulled out - it is deep rooted and woody and spreads underground. We > have tried most commercial weed killers, including a systemic one some > time ago without success. Any ideas of how we can get rid of it?
It looks a bit like sucker from some sort of Prunus / flowering cherry type tree.
I remember my Grandmother cut down one next to her lawn and spent the next 15 years trying to get rid of the suckers which came up along the root runs of the ex-tree
I would guess some sort of SBK Brushwood killer or Armillatox painted on each individual shoot would eventually work, but possibly someone with more knowledge may be along to help
All the best Sue
darkbrowneggs