What flowers would you give someone,who a partner has left you to be with?

That's easy, roses, just like we did back in high school for this kind of thing. Pick your own, so they have plenty of thorns. Cut off the flowers and leaves before sending. Get it? Just the pricks are left.

Jo Ann

Reply to
Jo Ann

Use a dog rose and it's the bitch...... Graham

Reply to
graham

That's interesting, I know someone that always puts yellow roses on her husbands grave. Makes one think!

Reply to
Bob Hobden

Yes, for the matter of fact, it does seem so.

Reply to
clc

suspect there are as many meanings as there are websites

Cheryl Isaak

Thats the one.

Reply to
CWatters

That's the one.

Unfortunately according to wikipedia Tannis Root used in the film was fictional. Oh well.

Reply to
CWatters

Mugwort

Reply to
Duncan

Daisies, or something bright, like 10 AM. Just to show him or her that you've moved on and that you're happy that they're happy

But then again, if they believe in AGW then kick him or her to the curb.

Reply to
<claudiusdenk

That's right. All of us with Southern accents are bumbling idiots. We aren't even smart enough to figure out why the "accept everyone who is different" Democrats are losing their hold on the South.

Reply to
MFLyons

Unfortunately for the fiscally responsible Republicans, the corporate theologian whackos of the Democratic party (Dixiecrats) jumped ship back in the 60's and joined the Republican party. You know. The "GOP" that freed the slaves. Now I hate to break the news to you, MFLyons, but the village idiot that presently inhabits the White House came from the North East (Sorry, North East). His family is from the North East. He was born in the North East. He attended college in the North East. His family moved to Texas because of oil. Sort of like why we are in Iraq now.

Golly, we're a long way from our topic. Guess I should start paddling.

It's been a relatively cool summer here in Northern California, not that you'd know it from the headlines stealing southern California. According to our local (NY Time owned) fish wrap, the temps here where I live have only hit 100 F once. My garden is coming in late. I'm just beginning to enjoy the tomatoes. Accordingly, I think I'll cut way back on the corn for next year. Maybe just one 4 X 4 planting and put the rest of the corn space into melons. Except for a few dent corn which I'll grow strictly as ornamentals. No "bird house gourd" next year, although as an ornamental it gives a nice jungle theme to the garden in the way it tried to take over all of its' original trellis, the box hedge behind it and the unsuspecting kumquat tree next to it, that now looks like it has be bagged and wrapped by a giant spider.

I'll probably only grow half the tomatoes next year as this year, now that I know how early and late season tomatoes grow in different areas of my garden. I didn't plant a cherry tomato this year. That won't happen again. The German Striped, "Mortgage Lifter", Carmello, and Stupice seem to be doing the best for me. The Brandywine, San Marzano, Green Zebra, and the other fancy French vines are struggling. I may have "curley - top virus in my tomatoes which may explain some of their problems. One of the paths in my garden has mixed peppers on one side and on the other, successive lines of radishes, then beans, and then tomatoes, all rather densely planted. The leaves started browning first, I think, among the beans (Fin de Bagnols, Vittoria, and Maxibels). The Fin de Bagnols were first at the beginning of the row. Then the problem spread to the Striped German tomatoes and has worked its way down the row. The bean leaves take on a leathery quality and then dry into a kind of parchment. The tomatoes leaves just dry out from the tips. Now I see that the flowers are drying out as well. It is my understanding that curly-top should spread to peppers as well but there is no sign of it.

I had hoped to plant peppers next year where the tomatoes are now but I haven't found any information on the virus' persistence in the soil. Needless to say, I wouldn't plant so densely next time.

Another experiment of mine is planting clover between the stepping stones in the garden. Hopefully, when the rainy season hits, the clover will spread out into the planting beds and give me some green manure.

I'm still waiting for any sign of a bloom on my ipomoeas (Moon Flowers).

I'm getting some bitter melons but they are still to small to harvest and I'm looking for recipes for them that I can warm-up to. Most recipes include Indian spices that I normally don't have in my cupboards. So far pickles seem like the best bet for me.

Bon appétit

Reply to
Billy

"MFLyons" wrote

Who gives a flying f*ck? AmeriKKKa is a useless second rate nation anyhow.

Reply to
ExterminateAllRepubliKKKans

So now it's not liberal verses conservative anymore but neurotics verses psychotics? Too bad we can't shovel this into the garden as an amendment.

Reply to
Billy

I wasn't talking about where Bush was from, Just commenting on how he is ridiculed for pronouncing "Nuclear" like we do in the South.

Reply to
MFLyons

Oh, my bad. I thought we were talkin' about that vilanous, murderous, lying, thievin' skunk who is rumored to have stole twice as many elections as most folks think.

Curious though, none of my "southern" friends say "new-cue-lar".

Sorry for the mistake:-)

Reply to
Billy