What Flower is this?

Greetings, could you please tell me the name of the flower I have uploaded as the first picture at http://www.oz-greetings.com.au/photo . I named it lamely ‘Evening 2’ because I can’t find its proper name in my flower book . It seems to be quite popular here in Australia, have seen it many times in people’s front yard. Many thanks for your help - Klaus and Rusty http://www.oz-greetings.com.au Nature & Wilderness
Add pictures here
✖
In article

Looks like a canna lily of some type. http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&ei=eQozSoeVB4f QsQOYtZjLDg&resnum=0&qÊnna+lily,+picture&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=hAozSvC5EY2Cs wPwrLnFDg&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title
--

- Billy
✖
On 6/12/2009 7:02 PM, blacklight wrote:

I think they are cannas (hybrids in the genus Canna). I've seen them in red, flame, orange, gold, yellow, and cream. I saw one that had two-toned flowers combining gold and flame. Depending on the variety, the foliage might be green or red, sometimes with stripes. When not at their peak of bloom, I think they look somewhat weedy.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean

Add pictures here