what edge

Hi I am new to gardening, I want an edge about 42 foot long, I am wanting an attraction for wildlife and security, someone suggested to me Hawthorne, can anyone give me some more ideas?
thanks
Keith Hampson Wrote:

Hi Keith,
Usually native plants are best. You could have a combination of trees shrubs and perennials that offer nesting sites for birds, food fo birds, insects and butterfiles and shelter for small critters. Consider planting a few evergreen shrubs and/or trees for winte shelter.
I don't know where you live, so it would be difficult to say whic plants would be best. I'm in the US in Maryland and would search a www.google.com and use terms such as: wildlife + garden + Maryland native tree + Maryland butterfly garden + Maryland native plants + Maryland
You might be able to just use the words: butterfly garden
Let us know where you are and I will give you more sites if you are i the US. New
-- Newt