What do you do when filling in a garden swimming pool?

Page 1 of 2
My friend has recently purchased a house, he was contemplating having
pool, only to discover that the previous owners had a pool but hav filled it in with sand, but he is not sure whether the pool is badl damaged, when we consult 'aquabot' (http://www.aquadist.com ) regardin it they said that usually they are punctured(it's fibreglass) and lef to drain then filled, if we want to put a pool in do we need to remov this one or can it be repaired in some way, is this the only way tha you can empty them. We don't have any contact address for the previou owners or we would ask them
-- andrewhomes
On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 10:49:18 +0100, andrewhomes

consult a fiberglass pool builder not the gardening group. I have a gunnite pool, but the neighbor has fiberglass. Fiberglass can always be repaired.

For some reason her messages from the above address don't propagate to my newsserver, so they never appear on my newsreader. (I've checked, and I haven't inadvertently killfiled her). There was never a problem when V used her earlier addresses.Now it sounds as if Cheryl hasn't seen her posts for a while either, which could mean the propagation problem isn't just transatlantic. I wonder if other regulars in wreckedgardens have been missing posts from jangchub/V (for months).
Janet
On 9/18/07 7:02 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk,

break from wrecked.gardens.

That's okay then, though I still haven't seen her return. Hope you are feeling well V.
Janet
On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 16:34:41 +0100, Janet Baraclough

Thank you Janet, even though you don't see me! I have cirrhosis. I don't feel that well, but my life is beyond my expectations and I am happy. Bodies rot away; minds do not :)
snipped-for-privacy@sakajawa.org wrote:

I am sorry to hear that, and hope for a speedy recovery. Your mind certainly isn't rotting, but I've seen a few cased where the mind has rotted, but the body not.
Be in peace.
John
On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 18:21:17 -0700, John McWilliams

Thank you, John. Cirrhosis is progressive and recovery is not really eminent. If we can't keep it from progressing, there are two things, liver cancer, or liver transplant. I think for someone in my physical condition I'm pretty mindful. I do have to laugh out loud when someone tells me to adjust my meds. May they get cirrhosis and walk in my shoes. WE're all on death row.
You are very kind. Peace to you too.
snipped-for-privacy@sakajawa.org wrote in news:ej11f31es3cvn78aepnctdese07g6pj7gd@ 4ax.com:

Lovely.
On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 22:59:30 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior

As usual, you posted something I said out of context.
snipped-for-privacy@sakajawa.org wrote in

LOL! Yeah, there's so many ways to take that lovely wish.
On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 10:15:40 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior

I didn't use the term "wish." You did. Get over yourself. You have ruined this newsgroup successfully. Congradulations.
snipped-for-privacy@sakajawa.org wrote in wrote in news:ej11f31es3cvn78aepnctdese07g6pj7gd@

What do the words "may they get" at the beginning of a sentence mean if it isn't a wish? Is it a Buddhist thing?

The WHOLE newsgroup? All by myself? Wow. What power you give me. Thanks.

<snickers & snorts>
And here we go, yet again......
On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 07:43:33 -0700, raeannsimpson

Nah, not this time.
snipped-for-privacy@sakajawa.org wrote:

I wouldn't be too sure.
--
FB - FFF

Billy

Good for you; how's the garden and wildlife?

Thanks John for requoting V's post so I could see it (if anyone would do the same with her later ones I'd be very grateful).
Janet
On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 09:31:23 +0100, Janet Baraclough

Not an atom of space where there isn't something alive! Our racoons left, thankfully and we have an immature opossum now. The one which was living back there never came up to the house, except when he died! He died by our back door. Maybe to say goodbye and thank you.
The ponds have frogs and toads and dragonflies developing. We handled many rat and corn snakes this year out back and the populations of anoles, fence lizards and skinks is gigantic.

Check your filters. You may have inadvertently put me in the filter.
Victoria
for heavens sake, just plonk her V, like I did. Ingrid