What are these?

I was out taking a walk ( Denver area ) and found this growing among some weeds on the side of a street.

The flowers are deliciously fragrant and I could smell them from a few feet away!

What are these, please?

Angela Marsh

Might be tuberose, known for fragrance.

Reply to
Charles

In message , Charles writes

My guess would be carnation, also famed for fragrance.

Reply to
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Yes, could be spray carnation, or dianthus... wish there were a better image of the leaves.

Reply to
Sheldon

Ok, I took some better photos of the leaves, by pulling it up out of the vase.:

Angela Marsh

Reply to
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Hmm, I may be able to go dig it up and transplant it to my garden.

Thanks!

Reply to
Angela Marsh