Weird larvae

Wondering if anyone has seen the following: they are a very thin (thread-like) caterpillar/worm-like larvae, green with a dark (black) stripe. There isn't a visible, discernable head. My father has them all through his back yard, on the ground, not up in trees.
Thanks for any heads up you can pass along...especially on how to deal with them.
Edee Em
I know the truth is out there, but I like to stay in....