Weigela Rosea- advise?

I got a Weigela Rosea from the lovely (I know there's certain opinions on these people) J Parker, for £1.99 thought it couldn't go wrong.

The package arrived and the WR had wet paper wrapped around the roots. I planted it up and kept it in the garage since, hopefully keeping it from damage from the cold weather. This is quite a light garage.

But I am not sure on the condition of the plant. It currently just looks like a twig sticking out of soil. The cuts on the three branches are mixture of white and green but there's no buds at all on the plant.

Anything I can do to help it?

Reply to
ashyboi5000

Weigela rosea is deciduous, and should be looking "dead" at this time of year. If you can see some green that is a good sign the plants is alive. It may have had buds which have fallen or been knocked off during packing. If so, it will produce new ones when it starts to come into growth when the weather warms up.

Weigela is hardy and should not need to be kept in a garage.

Reply to
Jeff Layman