Weigela pruning question

Hi everyone ! I need to cut back one of my Weigelas . When is the best time to do this ? I'm in Indiana z5 . Thanks ! Rosie z5
The best time is immediately after flowering (Weigela florida).
Dave

David J Bockman wrote:

And the best method is regenerative pruning. Don't just head back the long branches. Take out some of the largest, oldest stems from the base of the shrub. If you do this a little each year, you'll regenerate the plant in 3-5 years, and the pruning will be a little easier each time.
--
Brett Woywood