Weigela pruning question

Hi everyone ! I need to cut back one of my Weigelas . When is the best time to do this ? I'm in Indiana z5 . Thanks ! Rosie z5

Reply to
rosemarie face

The best time is immediately after flowering (Weigela florida).

Dave

Reply to
David J Bockman

And the best method is regenerative pruning. Don't just head back the long branches. Take out some of the largest, oldest stems from the base of the shrub. If you do this a little each year, you'll regenerate the plant in 3-5 years, and the pruning will be a little easier each time.

Reply to
Captain Chlorophyll