Weeping Willow Tree Questions

Hi all I am thinking about planting a Weeping Willow Tree. But I have heard not to plant them close to septic or water lines. Can anybody give me any info ?

Reply to
Keith Corwell

They will invade the joints of a pipe in search of moisture. I'd be carefull to keep them away about 1.5x their mature height.

Reply to
bamboo

Reply to
Keith Corwell

Look into Golden Willows - from what I hear the roots are not supposed to be that invasive. Our village tree program has them available to plant on your property, including the parkways. I can't see them allowing that if the roots were that invasive???

Reply to
ozzy.kopec

Oh yes, that weeping willow will just reach out and reach out for moisture until it clogs up your septic/leach field completely. Plant it far far away. I love looking at them....in someone else's yard

Reply to
CHEX

Reply to
Judy Scott