Weeping Willow Tree Questions

Hi all I am thinking about planting a Weeping Willow Tree. But I have heard not to plant them close to septic or water lines. Can anybody give me any info ?
They will invade the joints of a pipe in search of moisture. I'd be carefull to keep them away about 1.5x their mature height.
Thanks So if the tree grows to 30 feet keep it 45 feet from water and septic ?

Keith Corwell wrote:

to be that invasive. Our village tree program has them available to plant on your property, including the parkways. I can't see them allowing that if the roots were that invasive???
Oh yes, that weeping willow will just reach out and reach out for moisture until it clogs up your septic/leach field completely. Plant it far far away. I love looking at them....in someone else's yard
I didn't see the beginning of this thread, but we have 2 huge weeping willows that keep our house from flooding. We live on the side of a hill below a cultivated field and when it rains hard, we need those trees. When we had another tree removed, the tree guy told me they can suck up to 1000 gallons a day. So they can serve a purpose. The real down side is that they are trashy trees. There is a lot of cleanup to willow trees.