Weeping willow dropping yellow leaves

My willow (New York area) did not leaf out as much as it has in previous years and is dropping a lot of yellow leaves.

Does anyone recognize what sort of stress might be causing this?

TIA.

Curly Sue

Hi Sue,

Most if not all Salix are disease prone and are easily stressed. It would be imposssible to diagnose the specific malady based upon the symptoms you gave.

Dave

Reply to
David J Bockman

Thanks Dave. I have a call in to the arborist; I'll see what he says after the holiday.

Curly Sue

Ah, urban forestry. Check for willow leaf beetle (a chrysomelid)...small, gunmetal blue guys. Most often the culprit, and this is the right time of the year for insects on these trees in our area.

Reply to
Mike LaMana