Weeping cherry

I have a weeping cherry that was planted last month. The leaves are curling up and are turned underside up..isn't there an old wives tale about when it's going to rain, the leaves turn over? It's well watered, daily, I just can't understand why the leaves are curling. Any ideas?

Reply to
Gntry

At least a gallon of water per tree per day?

Reply to
Bert Byfield

Another possibility is wind stress. Long exposure to strong winds can suck the moisture quickly out of a tree. A young tree like yours, with a shallow root system will not have the water reserves to replace this lost moisture. Solution: create a wind break, or move the tree to a more protected spot.

Sherw> I have a weeping cherry that was planted last month. The leaves are curling

Reply to
sherwindu