Weeping Beech Question

Hello. Trying to fight the winter blahs with spring tree planning. Looking for recommendations for a tall yet narrow weeping beech tree. Some online research led me to Fagus sylvatica 'Red Obelisk' and 'Black Swan'. Does anyone know anything about these varieties or have some additional weeping beech info that might be helpful? The location most likely will be in full sun on Long Island, NY, in zone 7. Thanks very much in advance.

Reply to
saabdued

They need something at least the size of a basketball court.

Reply to
symplastless

How close to the house or other structure do you want to plant the tree?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Have you considered visiting this place before choosing a tree? Last time I was there, there was quite a selection of fully grown monsters, all labeled. Call ahead and see it that's still the case.

JoeSpareBedroom

Found them both. Went with the Red Obelisk, that will grow very tall but will be very narrow even when mature. They are beautiful, and I recommend them to anyone looking for something unique. Thanks

Reply to
saabdued