Weeds on paths / rockeries

Hi there,
I get big probems with a moss-like weed that covers my pathways an stone work, it has small green leaves and forms a light coloured "mat underneath, any ideas what it could be? It is easily removed by han but there must be a chemical out there that does the job, any helpfu advice gratefully received. Thanks
-- bendonald@hotma