Weed Trimmers and Metal Blades

I have a metal blade for my weed trimmer that probably has 30 teeth, it does great on large stuff, but I don't like the way it cuts on stuff like waist high grass.
What blade design works good on tall grass. I've seen triangle shapes, 4 point star shapes, round blades with 3, 4 or 5 humped cutting edges?
Eb wrote:

A round blade with 6 or 8 little teeth sticking out that can be sharpened like knives (it's called a weed cutting blade.) I've also adapted a small lawnmower blade for my trimmer and it works well if I keep it sharp.
The blade you have is for cutting brush and saplings.
Bob

I use a steel blade with IIRC 5 teeth on my Stihl FS-85 and it does a fine job on small brush (up to maybe pinkie-sized trunkds) as well as grass and softer weeds. It is easily resharpenable using a flat file. When the time comes for whacking down slightly larger brush I switch to a Ryobi reciprocating saw head which I adapted to the Stihl and it works fine for stuff up to a couple of inches across. At that point I switch to a chainsaw and easily whack down anything up to 24" across as long as it isn't in a location to fall on anything important if I make a mistake. In the latter cases I call a pro.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]