weed identification - southwestern Ontario stream banks

Sorry if too off topic - we have been seeing this tall weed more & more lately along the stream banks - I would like some suggestions as to its identification - I can easliy google your suggestions to confirm. : no flowers < yet ? July 11 > : 3 - 6 feet tall : large variable leaves - deep leaf lobes 3 or 5 lobes : vigorous clusters of plants close together

I checked my old wildflower books - no luck. I did some google searching - no luck. I have seen giant hogweed before < and reported it > and this isn't it. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks ; John T.

hubops

An image would be really helpful ;-)

Just a WAG, Giant Ragweed:

Leon Fisk

__ Y E S ! __ Thanks for the reply.

... flowering in August - big-time hay-fever alergen. .. can grow to 13 feet under good conditions ! John T.

hubops