Weed control for a year old lawn

Hi, My year old lawn is lowly being overcome by weeds (broad leaf). I have tried not to use chemicals. I have just hand picked the weeds. But looks like, it is not working OK. I have bought the Killex weed killer in a concentrated form. The bottle can be connected to the water hose. I have applied the Kilex by letting water goes through the hose. I did not open the tap water 100% because at 100% water flow, the weed killer (diluted) was coming off too much. Make the story short, the weeds are still alive and keep populating. I shoudl mention that after 5-8 hours I applied the killer, my lawn got a good deal of shower.

1- Is it really important not to have rain at least for 6 hours as what the Killes bottle shows? 2- Do I have to open up the tap water at its full blast to get a good amount of Killex? 3- Do you have any other solution to get rid of weeds? I am living in Canada (Zone 3).

Tnanks for your help

Reply to
FardinA

Most likely.

Apply according to directions. I'd be wary of any sprayer I hadn't calibrated.

Mow correctly, fertilize correctly, do a bit of hand weeding as needed. And a bit of patience. Where there's open soil, there's a good chance of weeds.

Reply to
Kay Lancaster