weather changed, good thing i didn't plant the peas

forecast some evening for 5F with

-2F windchill and some other evenings of low teenies. hmmm...

i just went out yesterday morning and took a picture of a flower spike of a early iris coming up. i don't think it's going to get through the snow and ice layer any time soon. bugger heavy too! shoveling in stages to give the back a rest.

i had a bunch of crocuses out and plenty coming up and many early species tulips had curled up their first leaves and flattened them on the ground. very pretty red colors in the leaves. can't wait to actually see them flower. patience grasshopper...

brr!

and

grr!

i was ready to get out and do some weeding and planting. ah well, more time to practice guitar and catch up on my indoor TODO list.

songbird (pouring heavy water on me

Reply to
songbird

Sometimes all you can do is counter punch, and wait for an opening.

Reply to
Billy

Billy wrote: ...

it's bright out there now with the sun shining on the snow. earlier i took pictures of some sparkles and shadows.

an icicle that i'd knocked off the corner of the roof landed upright upside down in the snow. i just whacked it with the shovel and didn't pay any attention to where it landed. when i was coming in from shoveling i noticed it and grabbed the camera again.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

I still have snow on the ground also. Three inches of sleet/snow yesterday.

Reply to
Nad R

You're approaching haiku, you know?

Reply to
Billy

I am a poet and did not know it.

Or A few of my mantras.

Lifes sucks, Always has Always will.

It takes an hour, to shit shave and shower.

Reply to
Nad R

Were you in the US military you'd know as well as you know your own name that it's "shit, shower, and shave".

Reply to
Brooklyn1

I never served in the military. I was between wars and the draft ended in the mid seventies. And thought I had original mantra :). The military has to have it wrong, it does not rhyme. Hour with Shower. It takes an hour... to shit shave and shower.

It has to rhyme :)

Reply to
Nad R

In the US military there is no hour... you're lucky to get ten minutes to shit, shower, shave, dress, and make muster... there's no time for any poetry. lol

So, anyone unwrapping their fig trees yet?

Brooklyn1

-----

Don't give up your day job ;O)

If you like weekends (8 hr./day & 40 hr./week), thank a labor union.

Bush's 3rd term: OBAMA

==

Reply to
Billy

I did, I am retired now, going on six months... Yea!

I had to work weekends, I was non union :(

I agree :(

Reply to
Nad R

Wow except for the tornados, it's been really hot here

Reply to
Ala

that original post (to this thread) was made Mar 23, 2011... :) the snow has melted, the flower has bloomed and is almost gone (see apr 1 pic thread for links to pics).

since then it has been as high as 82F. i've been able to get out and do some weeding (and test out the new garden pillow (works great)). a few dollars in cloth and a few minutes of time spent sewing the cloth on old pillows. the last few years i've been using an old seat cushion (that had a board on the bottom and an inch of foam). i finally wore that out so needed to replace it. the pillow works better as it doesn't have that hard board so it shapes to the ground and it's bigger so i can sit cross legged on the pillow with my feet, legs and tailbone padded.

the weather yesterday (Apr 15) was rainy, very windy and chance of snow last night. doesn't look like we got it. the rain was needed.

we have tornado weather at times too, but most of them go around us (weather shaped by geography). scary!

songbird

Reply to
songbird