Watering questions.

Hello.

I'm wondering if there is anywhere a guide to know how much water any plant need? It could be really helpful.

In addition , I am trying to use water from air-conditioners for my garden.

Is there any problem with this ? I'm trying to use slow release fertilizer . I'm afraid to use too much from it , or to get there too much water.

Thank you very much !

Reply to
tlotworld2

What are you watering? What is your zone, mine is 6 and I live in what was once was a desert. So, I water my tomatoes once a week with one inch of water etc. Depending on the plant watering varies. Be a bit more specfic! ;)

Reply to
Bud

If the leaf tips turn brown, it is too much. I use the humidifier water from my basement on my plants.

Reply to
Dan L

There is no general answer to this because it depends on the plant and the situation. What plants do you have? Are they in the ground or pots? What is your climate and season?

No.

Follow the directions on the packet.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Herbs grown in containers tend to dry out more quickly than those grown outside. But don't worry; it's easy enough to check their status. Simply stick a finger into the soil. Make sure you get at least get half an inch below the surface to feel the moisture.

If the soil feels dry to the touch, then water the plant. As much as you may be tempted, don't overwater these indoor herbs. You'll only be promoting root rot and the development of a disease called powdery mildew.

This plant disease is probably one of the most recognizable. If your herb is afflicted, it will have powdery splotches of white or gray on its leaves and stems.

Reply to
craftsmaster