Watering a tree with no well

I'm going to put a row of trees down each side of my yard and put about 6 or 8 trees on each side for a privacy hedge. I didn't want to make 16 wells which can be a lot of work not to mention that it's not the look I want. So how can I water the trees once I plant then and put the grass back around them?
Richard

- Soaker hose
- A sprinkler set on very low so it just trickles
- Best idea: A Rain Wand: http://www.dramm.com/html/main.isx?sub
Puts out LOTS of water, but breaks it up like a shower head, so it has time to soak in, instead of puddling (unless your soil's atrocious).
a soaker hose is absolutely the best... under the mulch or grass and place it undulating at the drip lines of the trees. get a rainbird timer to turn it on every couple days or so. Ingrid

no one mentioned that trees tend to do better without grass competing with 'em....

Andy comments:
I saw a gardening show recently where the presenter said that grass puts out some sort of "stuff" into the soil that retards the growth of other plants. It was a scientific type of show, and their claims made sense as it agrees with things that I have observed over a lifetime..... If you want your plants to grow better, get rid of weeds and grass...
Andy in Eureka, Texas