Waterbutts

Its time to start saving water again, I wish i'd started in the winter time. Got some great new waterbutts from www.waterandoil.co.uk. Check it out tell me what you think
--
Gary Fidler

I think you are an ass . . . . .
--

Billy

E Pluribus Unum

Diuretics may also be useful in reducing the unsightly swelling.
--

Billy

E Pluribus Unum
Bob F;953372 Wrote: > Billy wrote:-

> in his

Think you are right, he claimed to have donated to the site, but hadn't
Spam ban mods
--
ziggy searchfie

On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 13:28:36 +0000, Gary Fidler

Honestly, I think you're spamming the newsgroup. If you like the products so much, how come you're not actually singing specific praises for some engineering or aesthetic characteristic, and instead just pimping the URL?
Now, IMO, 110 or even 220 litres simply isn't enough water to bother with paying circa 60 UKP (about 94 USD) before VAT and post. I can watch CraigsList, and pick up a 1000+ litre "IBC tote" for 100 USD on almost any given day, and if you pay attention, you can score them for even less (I have _9_ that I got for FREE - and their previous life was storage of biodegradeable camp soap, so not some toxic junk I'd have to fret over). Yea, they're not the sort of thing to plonk on a small patio or on your deck, but they're uniform size, have large valves already, and are easy enough to fence in with a little trellis, etc.
Granted, I'm not using mine for a gravity system - I'm plumbing them to a pump, well bladder tank and a 3-way actuator valve to automatically run garden irrigation when there's water in the tanks, and switch to well when there's insufficient water in the tanks.
With so much good stuff out there, I can't see overpaying for something you could easily fab from a 30 or 50 gallon plastic foodstuff barrel and some hardware.
So, WHY is the "waterbutt" so nifty?

That amount of water certainly wouldnt' be much use if the weather gets hot and there is no rain for an extended length of time and it does seem like a lot of money for the quantity. OTOH, I encourage everyone to try to store some water and espeically if thye have to rely on Mains supply.
I can

They are good. Very popular here for cheap fire fighting trailers or for carting water to stock.
Sean Straw;953293 Wrote: > On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 13:28:36 +0000, Gary Fidler

> it

Hi Sean,
He is a spammer, i'm a mod from Gardeners Corner Forums. He's been spamming us & I popped over here to tell your mods yesterday.
Also reported the "Incitement to Murder" threads. Come on Mods shake a leg.
--
ziggy searchfie

ziggy searchfie;953305 Wrote: > Hi Sean,

> spamming us & I popped over here to tell your mods yesterday.

> leg.
Just an update,
Gary has contacted Gardeners Corner again and apologised for the spam attempt.
Thats the first spammer we've had feedback from so I may have been wasting your mods time.
--
ziggy searchfie

This is an unmoderated newsgroup. Why don't you both go away
--

09=IX