Water the Street Margin

Today the city of Seattle put out an announcement for everyone to water their street margins' trees "so the leaves won't get crispy" during what has turned out to be an extended drought. But further north, in Bellingham, they've asked people not to water much because the reservoir is so low. I much prefer the request to water things during drought!
-paghat the ratgirl
If it doesn't rain much here, and it never does in summer (rain much, that is) I lay a soaker hose on the street line where the redbuds are. The problem is, nobody else does this and mine are the only trees which don't look like crispy critters.
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 13:14:24 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@netscapeSPAM-ME-NOT.net (paghat) opined: