Water hyacinth overwintering

What should I feed my water hyacinths over the winter? I have them in two 4ftx1ftx1ft aquariums under 2 shop lights (4 total shop lights). I don't know much about gardening. I searched google a lot and didn't see anything about feeding them during the winter. Is there any kind of liquid fertilizer I can buy? Or should I just dump some top soil in to mix with the water? Oh yea, there's a lot of snail in with them so I don't want to hurt them.
Thanks Mike S
On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 23:16:52 -0700, Michael Shaffer

Put in a goldfish.
Are you in Texas?
Michael Shaffer wrote:

--

J. Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP
Virginia?
Michael Shaffer wrote:

--

J. Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP
Water hyacinths won't live through a freeze. They aren't know for being a problem North of Zone 9.

There is redemption from noxious weeds in some cases.
Hal wrote:

--

J. Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP
Michael Shaffer wrote:

I worked for the USDA during my college days. We actually risked our lives testing various chemicals to destroy them. Now 40 yr.'s later, when the District lowers the lake. One can still see them in large patches heading seaward. I say try 2-4 D.
Phill
--
I live in zone 10a-10b

Thanks, Phil!