wasp nest and Clorox

Haha, at least you used water I didn't have raid so I used windex and soaked the hell out of the hive... I thought anything poison would work but apparently not
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

It's not a hive , it's a nest . Bees have hives , and they are made by man ... call a pest control place or use the raid - unless you get wild with it and spray flowering plants you have only a small chance of harming bees . You might get lucky and find a local beekeeper who will come and remove it for you . Expect to pay him for his labors .
--
Snag
Hobby beekeeper
Tim R wrote:

Not the age of the thread , but you're probably talking about yellow jackets . I know of no wasps that will nest in the ground . I have seen some that built a paper nest partly under a rock , but nor under the ground . The wasps we're most familiar with build a conical paper nest hanging from a tree or underside of a beam or ceiling .
--
Snag

On 8/24/2016 4:37 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Not 30 minutes ago I was mowing my front lawn and ran over a nest of yellow jackets. One of them got me on the back of my left thigh -- straight up the shorts. Glad it didn't go further and very glad that I'm not allergic. Probably ten years ago and ten feet away I had the same thing happen and got stung through my tee and raised a huge painful welt. In both cases I gave the nests a dose of commercial insecticide straight down the hole. Fair is fair. If I hadn't gotten stung they wouldn't have gotten poisoned.

Some feller, maybe a different group.... was going on and on about how he lived near a nest of poisonous snakes, and even though his small children were playing in the same area, he would not kill one.
Myself, I will pick up a spider in the house and drop him outside and chase off harmless garden varmints, etc. But -- and this is a big butt -- when I see a black widow around the house or a rattler, rat, tick, flea, ... I don't call PETA.
On Friday, August 26, 2016 at 1:12:09 PM UTC-4, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:

Sometimes you gotta remember the Three S's.
Shoot. Shovel. Shut up.
Most people screw up the third one.

children were playing in the same area, he would not kill one.

butt -- when I see a black widow around the house or a rattler, rat, tick, flea, ... I don't call PETA.

Yep. Unbelievable as it is, possums are protected around here, at least in my town. Coyotes too - until they hit the rich neighborhood, then the law magically changed. Saw a coyote about sunrise one day last week trotting down the sidewalk, ignoring the pack of crows chasing him. Fine looking animals.
On Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 11:07:03 PM UTC-4, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:

ren were playing in the same area, he would not kill one.

when I see a black widow around the house or a rattler, rat, tick, flea, . .. I don't call PETA.

aw magically changed. Saw a coyote about sunrise one day last week trottin g down the sidewalk, ignoring the pack of crows chasing him. Fine looking animals.
Funny thing about those crows.
They're always on the road scarfing up road kill. But you never see a road killed crow.
Here's why.
They always leave one crow up in a tree, to yell "Car! Car! Car!"
Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:

My neighbor was cleaning up a wood pile yesterday that's about 25 feet from his front door , splitting it for firewood this winter . They found 5 adult and 4 baby copperheads ... they're all dead now . If they're out in the woods , I leave them alone . If they're in my yard , they're dead .
--
Snag

[...]
-----
That's a good tip. Soap, vinegar, baking soda and salt takes the place of a lot of chemicals in the garden. Cheaper too. If I ever have to drown a rat, I add enough laundry detergent to break the surface tension which keeps the fleas from jumping out.