WANTED: Peony Poppies.

Does anyone out there have any Peony Poppy seeds for sale..... have been looking all over for The Peony Poppy Type seeds.

Try these links: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&itemC70654851&category183 http://tinyurl.com/dhlja
Try Thompson and Morgan and look under Somneferum papaver. Or "breadseed poppies" those are the kind which we use the blueish seeds on our muffins and rolls.........and no, those at the grocery store are sterile.....or ask someone who has grown them for decades to share some seeds. I'm sure someone out there grows them as the beautiful flowers they are, and can send you some when the pods set their seeds. (anyone in Australia can send some if they have them as it's winter and the pods are dry now and can be harvested). Love the flowers. I apparently might have gotten lucky and had the pink peony one come up in three places, but just three plants, period. and I'm hoping for them to survive and provide me with triple the flowers next year. These are the kind my grandmammy grew. good luck finding a source. madgardener

actually, I have successfully grown opium poppies from the spice rack poppy seed jar. Maybe they irradiate them or something, but plenty still germinated. However, the poppies were mostly single, and dull colored IMO- (pinkish lavendar and such). Large single blossoms, not the desired peony form.

Check out SeedsAndMore.com
They have many 'peony' style poppies and lots more. I have bought many seeeds from them and am very satisfied. They also sell on EBay.
Shellie Indianapolis
Wow, spice rack Poppy seed Germinates!