Wanted: Gypsy pepper seeds - offering trades

I am looking for seeds from a pepper variety called "Gypsy". I need only 6 to 8 seeds, because I want to try this variety out this year on a very limited basis. I'm hoping someone else out there might be trying this variety this year, and be willing to trade a few of their extra seeds away.
Gypsy is a sweet, prolific variety that is supposed to be excellent for fresh use, stuffing or frying. I particularly liked the small cluster of seeds in a large inside cavity - looks great for stuffing. I also like how they appear to go from yellow to orange to red as they ripen - giving you the choice of 3 colors from a single plant.
In trade, I can offer "Sweet Million" tomato seeds, which are an improvement on the older "Sweet 100". I can also offer a few seeds of "Fooled You" hybrid pepper - a virtually 'heat free' jalapeno variety that still has the great taste, but is excellent for those of us who can't stand the hotness.
I also have some new packets of lettuce: "Marvel of Four Seasons", "Lolla Rossa", & "Bibb".
If you might be interested in trying an heirloom variety, I have one that hasn't been sold in catalogs since the 1940's. I got a sample a couple of years ago from the USDA, and raised some. It is a very cold hardy variety called "Ziegler's Heirloom".

Gypsy is available almost everywhere online and costs about $2 a packet. Splurge.

I've already placed my seed order this year, at a place that unfortunately didn't carry Gypsy, but had everything else I wanted. I've also checked locally, but haven't found it.
I have found a few places online that carry Gypsy, but it is $3 a packet or more, plus about $5 in shipping/handling. I just can't bring myself to pay $8 when I only want 2-3 plants total for my garden.
That's why I got on here asking if anyone would be interested in doing a trade. I'd much rather avoid an artificially high shipping/handling cost AND help someone with a trade at the same time. Anyone interested? I grew up doing seed trades all the time, and was hoping that folks on here still did that.
OhioGuy wrote:

If I had some seeds, I'd send them to you. But "Gypsy" is an F1 hybrid, so it won't come true from seeds. I often save the seeds from hybrids anyway and the offspring is usually good and *resembles* the parent variety, but it's seldom the same.
Just thought I'd warn you about the hybrid thing, Bob
OhioGuy wrote:

I would check locally a little more. Around here, all the good gardening stores carry Gypsy Pepper seeds. There are not available at places like Wal*Mart, Lowes, or any place like that but I'm sure that if you check the REAL gardening places that you will find them.
By the way, why are you posting from a news server in Italy? The one that you are using is a well known place where "bad" people post from. I'm not saying that you are one of them but every time I see a post from Aioe.org I wonder.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Gardening for over 40 years

my guess would be because it's one of the few free news servers left. better aioe than google groups any day!
lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there

Because a person who admittedly allocates only 50 per meal for his family can't afford to give up the equivalent of four meals for seeds.