wanted: bearded iris seeds

Maybe I'm a little late this year in posting. I, unfortunately, do not have anything to trade this season or I'd have posted elsewhere. I am interested in any blue shades, plicatas, or amoenas of the TB variety. I'd like to try my hand at planting and overwintering a small number of bearded iris seeds to see how successful I am with germinating seeds and raising bearded iris from seeds. I have successfully raised a couple of I. versicolor from seed, but have read that bearded iris can be a bit more challenging. If you have anything left from this past season and are interested in parting with them, you can reach me via email to start the communications. Thank you for any help. Steve Mahlberg
One small note about those seeds, whatever comes from the seeds will not be like the iris they came from. A lot depends on if they came from Bee pods or pods done by human hand.
Also, they need soaking for some time, I know of some growers who put their seeds in one of those things they use for making tea ( metal tea bag ) and hang'm in their johns tank so each time it's flushed a new fresh water hits them.
-- "In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening towards an east that would not know another dawn. But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning lingered: and along the path he once had followed, man would one day go again."
Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars
SIAR www.starlords.org Telescope Buyers FAQ http://home.inreach.com/starlord World of Dahlias Slideshowv1.0 $10.00 for Windows machines. Email: snipped-for-privacy@despammed.com