Walking On New Grass

Hi, Everybody,
I have a recently reseeded area of grass, which has sprouted nicely. How soon can I walk on it, without damage? Based on time or length?
Thanks...
--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Due
http://www.cardreport.com /

Off the top of my head, I'd give it a month, and even then, I wouldn't use it as a major pathway just yet. Also, if you fluffed up the soil by cultivating before you planted, I'd pay attention to how well it's compacted/settled before walking on it too much. Maybe get on your knees and inspect by hand. If it's still pretty soft, walking on it will make indentations which, depending on the appearance you desire, may really annoy you.

Depends, but I'd give it a couple of months from now. Stolons should be well underway.