Vocabulary Question

My backyard has a roughly twenty foot long, roughly 3.5 feet high and two feet wide, ostensibly adobe and brick-constructed "planter." It holds dirt so of course I can plant flowers, tomatoes, whatever in it. Its front (facing my living room) is decorative. That is, it's nice to look at.
What's the proper name for this trough-like planter?

Trough? Planter?

I don't know the proper name, but, as a kid, we called it a "garden wall"
cheers
oz
On 4/12/07 1:54 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com, "MajorOz"

Raised bed? Terracing?
Fragile, Major, and Cheryl, Major: Thank you!
On 4/12/07 9:10 AM, in article xdqTh.20701$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net, "Elle"

Anytime!

It is one variety of a raised garden bed.
If it was a log it would be called Eco-Art Nurse Log. E.g., http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/ecoart/ecoartnl1.html