virginia creeper

I have a Virginia Creeper vine that is about 6 years old. Should I just let it go or prune it back? What would be the best for the plant?
How is it being trained? As a climber or groundcover?
Dave

It's growing on my chain link fence.

Pruning any form of Parthenocissus is entirely optional - meaning the vine won't care one way or the other.
pam - gardengal